One of the goals of Healthy People 2020 is to reduce health disparities among populations. Select one of the leading health indicators as identified by Healthy People 2020 and write a research paper of 1,000 – 1,200 words on the health disparities related to that condition. For the health indicator selected, the paper should include a discussion on the following:
1. Definition of the problem
2. Descriptive epidemiology (person, place, time)
3. Etiology (causes, risk factors)
1. What disparities do we know exist for this disease?
2. Why do these disparities exist?
3. What explanations have been offered or supported?
4. What research questions have not been studied that may provide new, insightful information regarding this health problem?
1. Why is it an important public health problem?
2. What are some social, political, or economic barriers in our current health care system that impede disease prevention and health promotion for this health problem?
3. How would you educate/disseminate information about this health problem to the public? (target group, financial constraints)
4. How could one of a health administrator/manager’s general policies or policies specific to this health condition impact the health status of the target population?
You are required to use a minimum of three scholarly resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide. An abstract is not required.
This assignment is required to go through turnitin.
The grading rubric below will be used by the instructor to grade the assignment:
1. Health Problem: The information provided is comprehensive and provides specific information necessary to assist the audience in understanding the importance of the health topic. Includes definition, description of epidemiology (person, place, time), and etiology (causes, risk factors).
2. Health Disparities: Thoughtfully analyzes and evaluates possible health disparities. Demonstrating a deep understanding of by supporting ideas with details and examples. Addresses all of the assignment criteria.
3. Public Policy: All of the required assignment content is present. Major points are exceptionally clear and thoroughly addressed. Significant and best possible support is evident, relevant and convincing.
4. Sources: Sources are academic, comprehensive, current, and/or relevant. Quoted material and paraphrasing expertly support, extend, and inform ideas but do not substitute for the writer’s own idea development. Sources are well synthesized to support major points.
5. Thesis Development and Purpose: Thesis and/or main claim are comprehensive. The essence of the paper is contained within the thesis. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.
There are no reviews yet.