- Review the Learning Resources for this week.
- Consider diversity in your work, school, neighborhood, religious setting, and entertainment environments. What is the racial distribution of the people in each of these environments? What do you observe that you may not have noticed were you not investigating diversity in these environments?
- Consider prejudice and discrimination in the context of your own immediate environment and your experiences.
- Consider values and beliefs, both positive and negative, about human differences with regard to others who are different. Consider how these values have made an impact on your lives and those around you.
an analysis of race, ethnicity, racial relations, and racism in your immediate environment and your experiences, addressing the following:
- How does your racial and/or ethnic identity affect your life?
- Share an example (or examples) of negative and/or positive race relations you have experienced or witnessed.
- What is the source (historical, structural, political, cultural) of racism in your environment?
- What underlying values support the nature of the race and ethnic group interaction you’ve observed?
- How might positive social change be encouraged to improve race and ethnic group relations in your immediate context?
Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and any additional sources.
By Day 7